Monday, October 22, 2012

Two Shades of Personality

Everyone has a certain type of personality, whether it's nice, selfish, mean, or weird we all differ into some set of personalities that make up who we are.But have you ever wonder how the dimension of personality makes up who YOU really are?

Extroversion and Introversion are the common sets of personality.Extroverts, one who enjoys being with the crowd, talking, and socializing  Introverts, one enjoys spending time alone, hanging out with just a few friends and keep their thoughts and ideas to their self.

Take a look at someone you know very well it could your best friend,your significant other, or your a family member. How much do you know about them and their personality, or the way they act every time you're with them? I'm pretty sure you know plenty of information which would fall beyond enough to give details and examples.

But have you ever looked at them and actually visualize the outer-inner personality they have ?

Just the thought of it made me questioned over and over if we really did know what our bestfriend was like when they weren't around us or if we really would know how our cousin is with his friends than with his family. I mean look what personality can say or do to us.

But let's say you met someone recently and just started to grow a friendship. That person could come out to you as "happy" or "full of joy" but when they're not around you, do you really know if that person is the person who first gave a positive impression to you?

Some answers can be yes and some answers can be no. But the percentage of people lean towards "no". People tend to keep things or their personal life to their self especially if they just barely met you. It's nothing like what you're best friend would do, they'd tell you everything that's going on for reason you must have to know it.

I'm actually one of those people. I come out nice, sweet, caring, and joyful. But on the inside I've been dealing with pain, heart breaks, stress, and all the other things that just get to you and bring you down. It's hard, especially when you're going through so much that the next thing you know, you can't help but let it all out and just flood the room with your sadness and pain. It's not a usual thing for me to do because I don't want anyone to see the side where I suffer and I loose hope in myself because I was someone they knew who was happy and lots of times I'd hear people say

"Diane, you have such a good life"

Yeah my life is good, but it's just on a path of it's own, a roller coaster of it's own, and even if the roads aren't smooth out, in the end I will find my way through it all.


I think it's crazy what personality can say about you. Sometimes you want to live just one side of the personality everyone enjoys to see rather than the part where pain and stress occurs and you're just back on the solid ground waiting for a miracale to come up in a snap. It's like viewing two shades of grey ,one public and one hidden, and not being able to know which shade is more valuable to lean on.

 Everyone personality is different, but one personality can differ inside out and we should be aware when we come out to someone who we don't honestly know.

1 comment:

  1. Such a thoughtful post. I can feel your emotions throughout this whole text.

    Great definition of personality. Good job :)

    ReplyDelete