Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Career for the Future Me

"When you grow up, what do you want to be?"

A singer, an astronaut , maybe even a movie actor. Remembering when you about fiver years old, starting kindergarten, finally learning your ABC's and 123's, that being asked that question was no pressure I mean your answer could be anything and what ever your answer was you either wrote it down or were told to draw a picture about it.

But when you hit college, and that question comes haunting you once again, the pressure begins to press on you harder than you expected. Why? Well you obviously aren't just going to throw around what you want to be right? And I'm pretty sure by the time we all hit college, we get the opportunity to look at what we're interested in doing and what careers these interest can lead to.

I'm not lost at all with what I want to do in the future, I clearly have in mind what I really want to do and pursued during my four years in college. But, if my first choice doesn't fall beyond exceptions, I came prepared with my secondary choices of interest.


I will be majoring in Nursing, more specific to get a career as a Pediatric-Nurse. I love working with kids from ages five to ten. They are just so cooperative and I have a lot of patience and effort when working with them. I haven't technically fulfill some shadowing upon Nursing in general, but in high school, I would always volunteer my time to my past kindergarten teacher and help tutor her new set of kindergarten kids and it's just something I really love to do along with helping people out. That's what lead to me towards Pediatric-Nursing.

This may look as a easy to make derision kind of situation but it really wasn't. It took a while for me to consider Nursing as my number one major because way before that, I had interest in majoring in Chemistry or Audiology. I love science even if at time it was difficult, especially physics which I learned to enjoy and love, I always wanted to do all the hands on activities we did in our science classes. It just bring me so much interest in what science can do and how unique it is. As for audiology, I was inspired when my audiologist was wearing a cochlear implant like mine. I mean I was amazing that even if you have a hearing disability you can still be able to help those who are in the same situation as well.

Career choosing and understanding your interests  what you want to get involve in takes a lot of time and effort. So don't just sit there like you're still five, being able to say you want to be whatever the hell you want to be, when in reality it's more of a decisions making process.


No comments:

Post a Comment