Wednesday, November 7, 2012

No Trust, No Us

"I can't trust you with anything, regardless of who you're with!"

That was the words he yelled to me every single night we got into an argument. Every single night on the phone yelling at each other like we're starting world war three. It was exhausting and tiring, yet I didn't have the intention to let him go.

Eleven months ago, we we're the happiest couple everyone can think of. He was there when I just got out of my second surgery for my cochlear implant, he came by every time he had the chance just to visit me and my family, and he took me to the movies once in a while which we called our typical dates. Everything, for the first few months was all lovey-dovey and sweet.

Until, I started my first day of high school.

It was my first year as a sophomore at Sweetwater High, only because I had my freshmen year at Granger, and everything was new to me. New people, new routine, new everything. I was really excited for all these "new" thing to come along and help me enjoy my next three years in high school, but apparently I had some exceptions to it all.

My boyfriend at the time, he couldn't trust me with anything. And when I mean anything, I mean every damn thing, move, activity I do. It was hard and I just couldn't understand why was he pulling me back from a lot of things. I mean I couldn't wear a tank top and skirt when it was super hot out without his approval and if he didn't approve of my outfit, I had to go change. I couldn't go to Tahitian practice without him being there to watch out if any guy had their chance to "check me out" while I was teaching and practicing. I also couldn't go see a Twilight movie without him because he wouldn't be there to cover my eyes when I fan girl over Taylor Lautner (I still went to see the movies anyways.) It was seriously getting out of control to the point he was getting jealous of the most stupidest thing in the world, that one day Taylor Lautner would someday tell me he'd want me to be his girlfriend. LIKE IS HE FOR REAL RIGHT NOW?!

He had a HUGE problem, and his problem was trusting me.

He couldn't trust me, he always had to be there holding my hand. He made it seem like the entire world of guys were going to hit on me all at once and screw over the fact that I was taken. I mean I wasn't that attractive and I honestly don't think that it's even possible for one million guys to go to me and start biding for my love. No, it doesn't work that way. At least not in this world.

We couldn't even communicate properly when we continuously argued at night about the same situations and the same issues. We would yell so loud that we'd wake up those who were sleeping. Every time I tried to state the truth, he would get mad saying "Oh it's my fault now everything is ALWAYS my fault." He would always LOVE to win over the arguments. When he was tired of everything he would hang the phone up and expect me to call back. It was the same thing every SINGLE night. And knowing I have sensitive feelings, he would yell so much that I just broke down and cried, like everything I do is wrong. When the truth is, he just couldn't trust me.

I never did ANYTHING wrong. I was faithful to him, I had my phone in my hands at all times so I can reply to him when he text me. I even risked the life of my phone in class just to talk to him in between lessons. I never cheated on him like he did when we were dating for the first few months. I did everything he said and that he wanted me to do, no matter how much I hated it. And what does my sweet little love and care turn into ? Arguments, ugly, painful arguments.

People thought I was CRAZY, that I deserved BETTER.

But I honestly never gave up on him. I kept telling myself there will be better days just not right now, it's only the beginning. But I was wrong.

"I can't trust you with anything, regardless of who you're with!"

Those were the words that echoed in my head for months after we broke up. Playing over the scenario of how it ended and questioning myself on what I did wrong. Nothing, just nothing. But I recovered from such pain that I went through over the past year we've been going out. I learned that if there was ever going to be someone who wanted to be with me, they got to be able to communicate with me and stay on the same page. They have to be able to trust me. If there's no TRUST well the obvious stated, there's no US.


"The Worst Boyfriend" 
I just thought this would be a little bit of how he might of acted with me.
But it's also for the laughs! :)





2 comments:

  1. Hello. I enjoyed reading about the close relationship you have with you friends despite the fact that you come from different cultural backgrounds. I found it encouraging reading that you were able to overcome the problems that you with Filipinos in the past and turn a negative experience into a positive one. Maybe you could give an example of a problem that you once had with a Filipino. What made you think at that time that you would never be able to have a close friendship with a Filipino? Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your blog post. I believe the same thing if there isn't trust then there can't be love because trust is everything in a relationship. I enjoyed reading your blog because a lot of people can relate to this. It made me feel like it's so true no trust, no us simple as that. I know it hurts that he couldn't believe you when you told the truth and when you give your everything to that person you love. Your post made me feel that I'm glad I can trust or rely on my partner and that they trust me back because I know there can be an us. I like the phrase were you said "They have to be able to trust me. If there's no TRUST well the obvious stated, there's no US." I recommend you to take a look at this song it's called "Trust me" by The Fray. I hope you find the perfect person that you can trust in every moment.

    ReplyDelete